Epson Stylus CX8400 Printer Review

I know, I know...this review is a bit "different" from the norm here on MumsTheWurd.com. But I have to be honest...I'm a digital photo buff and anyone who takes digital photos needs a means of printing them out. I also have a HUGE stack of pre-digital-age photos that need scanned and saved, otherwise, they are going to get yellow with age and I'm all about preserving my memories.

So, that being said. I'm really digging the new Epson Stylus CX8400 All in One printer/scanner/copier. No, no one is paying me to write this review. I have this printer and I LIKE it.

This all-in-one retails for around $99.99 but with a couple of instant rebates offered, you can get this baby for as low as $59.99, which makes for an affordable Christmas gift!

I've had a couple of different scanners/printers over the years and so far, this one runs smoothly and I haven't had any trouble with it. The colors are vibrant and the individual ink cartridges retail between $12 and $17 at your local office supply store.

Of course, here are some notable features of the printer:

*Epson DURABrite Ultra Ink: It dries instantly.
*Auto Photo Correction with advanced face detection: If you aren't a Photoshop pro, never fear! The printer is smart and can help you out with photo corrections needed prior to printing.
*Epson Easy Photo Fix: Great for scanning those old family photos that could use a "touch-up" or two.
*BorderFree Photo Printing: No perforations or edges to trim (hello, time saver?!)

The printer has met all of my needs thus far, whether it has been printing directions to a holiday party or scanning a receipt to print and send in for a rebate, it has worked as good as gold. I've been pleased with the quality of the photos I have printed as well.

The Epson Stylus CX8400 is definitely worth checking out!

*Epson was a part of our holiday scavenger blog hunt!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review, I just bought one and it seems to be pretty cool. I keep reading that the ink doesn't last long. Has that been a problem for you?