I Heart My In-Laws, Don't You?

I don't know ANYONE who doesn't get along swimmingly with their in-laws! But don't you just WISH you could have a guide book with a checklist or quiz that would help you size-up them up in a heartbeat? What about a translator for those in-laws who don't speak English? You would like to know if they're calling you a "bimbo", right? Well, look no further because "I Heart My In-laws" will teach you "bimbo" and other assorted phrases in twelve different languages, so you'll know just the right comeback or just when to run from the room screaming.

I Heart My In-laws is a belly-laughing, nose-snorting, savvy guide for all girlfriends, fiance's, newlyweds and heck, even for us seasoned women! Sometimes you just need to have a sense of humor when it comes to your man's family and this is perfect guide book to carry with you at all times when there is a family function. It may even be a good ice-breaker if your in-laws see you reading it or referring to one of it's handy checklists. There is no better way to say, "I love being a part of your family" than proving that you want to get to know them inside and out.

WIN IT!

Good news! We have the answer to all of your in-law woes here at MTW. One lucky Mums reader will soon be holding this book near and dear to her heart. Just leave us a comment letting us know your FAVORITE in-law story, good or scary (just a brief one, please). Feel free to post it on your site (if you DARE!) and then link back to this giveaway post. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make sure to leave your contact information (email address). We've noticed that some people link to their profile but then there is no way for us to contact you if you are the winner.

This giveaway will end on Monday, August 13th at 10 PM.

Good luck...and in the meantime, "Wer hat gefurzt?"!

*I Heart My-In-Laws is available for purchase at Amazon.com (click the link below.)


I Heart My In-Laws also available at Barnes & Noble

15 comments:

Christine said...

This book looks like so much fun! (I guess I just need a good laugh right about now!)

Here's my entry with a link to this giveaway -- http://ooohpickmepickme.blogspot.com/2007/08/i-heart-my-in-laws.html

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sounds like a good book we can all use :)

Ginny said...

What a funny book. I have so many stories, all bad. Here is a bit of a funny one. We got married 10 years ago & had one of those separate caller id boxes. It had NO features on it. My MIL called my husband so often that it started doing a special beep right before her call would come through. Crazy huh! She expected him to call & check in every single day otherwise the world was ending. This lasted a good 9 years & it finally came to end just over a year ago, thank god!

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

I've a couple of good ones - let's see...how about the time my MIL disowned us for 8 years - didn't bother me a bit; less hassle for me!

Or, there's the time the step-MIL invited my daughter to visit and then sent her to stay with someone else. Yeah, really love that one!

Thanks for a great contest!

Marketing Mommy said...

Well, there was the time that my in-laws first babysat for my daughter. We gave them our 6 month old's nighttime routine and told them to call us if anything happened. Low and behold we arrive home at 10pm to find all of the lights on and my in-laws bouncing the baby on their knees.

"She wants to play," was their excuse for hyperstimulating the kid long after bedtime.

Did I mention they're both pediatricians?

Lucy said...

The first time I met my future mother-in-law (who at the time was just my boyfriend's mother), she washed my clothes when we were out. When I got home my underwear was hanging out on the clothesline!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I have a great relationship with my husband's mom, two sisters, and two brother-in-laws... his dad...so-so... step-mother...um yeah ok. lol

So this book might help me with the step-mother-in-law

Kyra said...

My in-laws like to invite themselves over, tell me what to make for dinner, then show up 2 hours late so that the dinner they "requested" is ruined. I would LOVE to read this book! Please count me in!
superkyra21@yahoo.com

Qtpies7 said...

My in-laws are moving to our town this next week. three blocks from my house. Their apartment looks straight down my street.
I may need some help!

Linda SS said...

I'd love to win! I could use the laugh:) I've been married for 31 years and I still get called by my husband's 1st wife's name, even though they were only married a couple years. PS...I had NOTHING to do with ending that marriage as I came in the picture long after the divorce. Other than that, I really do love my in-laws.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

The time my Mother-in-Law got mad because she had bought a Christmas dress for her grand daughter so I would get pictures taken and didnt.
She said...I will never buy another dress again how do I know you didnt just take the dress back to the store and got the money back and spent it on yourself just like my ex daughter -in-law use to do? I linked to the contest on my blog here:http://darcyknottyknitter.blogspot.com/
my addy t_watts29@yahoo.com
please enter me Darcy Watts

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ok, so i don't yet have a mother in law, but things are heading that way :D

anyway, maybe if i read that ahead of time i'll be prepared. mmm hmm. yeah, and maybe not! reading all the stories above makes me AFRAID!!!

(but i have a good relationship with my boyfriend's parents and family! so maybe things won't be so bad!)

gypsycat77@yahoo.com

Rockin' Mama said...

When my husband and I were dating, we went back to the south to visit his family and friends. We always stayed with his parents and his mother decided to do laundry one night. Well, my husband took all of my dirty clothes, including my thong underwear and had her wash them. Well, when she pulled them out she asked me what she was supposed to do with them (I guess she wanted to know if they had to be laundered a certain way). Anyway, I was mortified! Needless to say we have a great relationship. I'd rather not post that on my blog! : )

Anonymous said...

THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. THANKS FOR ENTERING! : )