Umbrella Shoppe Contest!


If it's a day that ends in "Y", you can expect a contest here at Mums the Wurd!

Do you long to have your children read books that you read as a wee one? I do. My favorite was "Popcorn", and it's sadly out of print. I am so glad my mom and dad kept almost my entire collection (as former bookstore owners, it's a sin to ever throw away a book)! I'm keeping them in a safe place until my toddler learns that books are not objects to be tuned in to confetti.

My husband is a full time dad, and a full time eBay seller extraordinaire. This week, we're offering a lucky reader a $10 gift certificate & free shipping to his eBay children's section. Elliott has over 200 vintage children's books and coloring books, almost all priced from $5-10. His selection is VAST...from a Gremlins coloring book to a 1970 copy of Alice in Wonderland that was a bonus gift when buying a Folger's product! He's really got some amazing stuff! Go take a look under the umbrella...but before you do that, sign the Mr. Linky, and leave us a comment about your favorite book from childhood! That's all it takes to win! The contest will end next Tuesday, July 3.

If you don't have a blog, never fear! Leave your email address in the Mr. Linky like this http://you@yourdomain.com, or email us your info: themums@mumsthewurd.com

Good Luck!




And if you've not already entered, be sure to sign up to win one of four organizers we're giving away! The Busy Body Book give away ends this Saturday, June 30!


Technorati Tags: , ,

23 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, what a fun contest! Right now my hubby is reading the boys Gulliver's Travels at bedtime. My favorite book growing up was Charlotte's Web. I loved that book. And Bedtime for Frances. And anything by Shel Silverstein.

Steph

bethany said...

My fav was "Where the Wild Things Are".

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

Great site you have here - and what fun contests! It is totally ok that you mentioned your contests on our site - we are all about helping moms build their sites!

You are doing great stuff here - love it! :)

*Tanyetta* said...

OH the places you'll go. :) please enter me to win thanks :)

Drea said...

we love books! he has a good collection!!

Liz Zelie said...

I loved "Love You Forever" and this other book called "Nosey Mrs. Rat" because it was hysterically funny. She was a neighbor who was always spying, tapping into phones, etc. and her husband kept telling her to stop but she couldn't.

houseofeling said...

my favorite book when I was a tot was "the three billygoats" (i think that's what it was called...or I just called it that) Then, when I got a little older, I was way into the babysitters club series.

CPA Mom said...

My favorite book was Cat in the Hat. I even won a "writing" contest about it when I was 5. I got the Chronicles of Naria as a prize and those became my favorites.

Andrea said...

How fun! I LOVE having books to read to my little boy, and I loved books when I was little too (still do actually!) My fav. book when I was little though was Little Boy Blue!!

Christine said...

Anything by Dr. Seuss was a hit at our house. "Hop on Pop" was my favorite... I remember reading it over, and over again!!

I linked to this contest on From Dates to Diapers, too!

lindsey said...

When I was little my favorite book was Thumbelina by Hans Christian Andersen.

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

As a toddler my favorite was the Saggy Baggy Elephant. My daughter has three copies!

Linsey Knerl said...

My favorite book was Babar the Elephant! I remember how sad I felt when he left the jungle!

Maude Lynn said...

My favorite book was Black Beauty. I must have read it 100 times!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your husband's ebay store!!! on the very first page was a book that I purchased from a school book order when I was in elementary school...TV Super Stars '78...does this mean I'm vintage too!?!

I don't know if I could possibly pick just ONE favorite book from childhood...but since your dh deals in collectibles...I'll tell you a couple books I enjoyed as a kid...and still have on my shelf...that I consider to be collectibles...

Peter Goes to School by Wanda Rogers House

and...

The Very Little Girl by Phyllis Krasilovsky

I actually keep these...along with quite a few other books from my childhood...on their own shelf on my bookcase...kind of my own "vintage" collection...

this was fun...thanks!

Elizabeth F. said...

Had lots of favorites, but I loved "No Roses For Harry" by Zion-Graham and I used to sit for hours reading Child Craft Encyclopedias. Each volume was about a different subject.

I'm gonna go check out his store now!

The Holdaway's said...

I just loved Harry the Dirty Dog as a child!

C said...

I would love to win this...I have boxes and boxes of books that I've been collecting for my future children (and I share some with Miss Ellis too:) My favorite book growing up was "The Store-Bought Doll" -- I memorized it before I could read:) I also loved this book called "Who's Walking Whom?"

Anonymous said...

My favorite is hungry hungry caterpillar :D

Emily said...

I loved Hand Hand Finger Thumb. And now I enjoy reading it to my son as well.

Anonymous said...

i don't think my comment worked the first time so here it is again:

i loved the little golden books as a child. i remember hiawatha and the little engine that could being some of my favs.

and now, with my daughter, we enjoy the monster at the end of this book and goodnight moon. oh and green eggs and ham is also a favorite!

Lara said...

I couldn't read enough as a kid and loved all my mom's old books from when she was a kid. I loved her Bobbsey Twins and Nancy Drews, but I think my favourites were the Trixie Belden books! Thinking about them makes me want to go and read them again now :)

Anonymous said...

THIS IS WHAT I LOVE I HAVE A GREAT COLLECTION OF SIENCE FICTION, FANTASY BOOKS FROM THE 50'S AND 60'S SO THIS WOULD REALLY MAKE ME HAPPY